Designer: Peter Schwenn / Velocity
Amphibious 4-place Low-wing Sport
Aircraft w/ Pusher Ducted Fan
(satisfies FAA "LightSportAircraft"
with 2-place variant)
Rendering (more below)
Design OverView and Geometry
This is a summary design for a 4-place 200mph cruise ['Light-Sport-Aircraft model': 2-place/138mph vno] amphibious light aircraft. There are no plans yet available, nor any other information other than on these pages:
- Low wing (base is aft hull step); retractable bicycle gear
- High (inverted) V tail (boomed from duct-outlet top)
- Side by side seating
- Stepped hull
- Flush dorsal duct inlet
- Wingspan and Aspect provide gliding capability
- Simple/Light/Slippery (2nd X-Plane Snapshot below): Asymmetric wing - single 'Corsair' droop/float to starboard, at base of dihedral, with fuselage 5ft "up" port wing. This simplifies aero/hydrodynamics from 'trimaran' to 'catamaran', and eliminates one landing gear system. Small skid/floats on tail.
- Simpler Still: (X-Plane Snapshot to come): Symmetric wings, no droops, two retractable gear in fuselage, one on port side extending straight down, one on starboard extending outboard 4'. Tail changed to inverted-U on twin booms to clear dorsal duct intake, and to double and lower tail support.